Here is some general information about our business to help you decide if you want to seek our advice.
We operate as a Financial Advice Provider under a current licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority in the name of NZ Financial Services Group Limited (FSP286965).
There are no conditions attached to this licence on the advice that may be given.
Our advice and Product Providers
We provide advice to our clients about home loan products. We only provide advice about products from ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Westpac, SBS, Co-Operative Bank.
On settlement of a loan we usually receive commission from the applicable lender. The commission is generally of an upfront nature but may also include a renewal or trail commission. We also receive a fixed rate rollover fee from some lenders if we assist in re-fixing your loan.
This commission is used to remunerate the financial adviser that provides the advice, and to pay the expenses associated with running our business including any rent, staff costs and IT resources. From this commission we also pay NZ Financial Services Group Limited for services they provide to us in connection with our authorisation under their licence from the Financial Markets Authority.
We take steps to ensure that the receipt of commissions does not influence the advice we give to you and that our advisers prioritise your interests by recommending the best product for your purpose regardless of the type and amount of commission we or they may receive. We do this by:
● Ensuring our advisers follow an advice process that ensures they understand your needs and goals and that their recommendations on insurance cover meets those needs and goals.
● Ensuring our advisers receive regular training on how to manage conflicts of interest.
● Providing you with a schedule showing commission amounts and types by product provider. This schedule is contained within each Financial Adviser’s personalised Disclosure Guide. A Financial Adviser will provide you with more information about commissions during the advice process.
Fees and Expenses
We don’t charge you any fee for the advice and transactional solutions that we provide to you. This is possible because, on settlement of a mortgage, we usually receive commission from the applicable product provider as described above.
Conflicts of Interest
If you have a complaint about our service you need to tell us about it. You can contact our internal complaints service by phoning me on 0800 327 736 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Complaint - (Your Name). Please set out the nature of your complaint, and the resolution you are seeking. We will acknowledge receipt of this within 24 hours. We will then record your complaint in our Complaints Register and notify our Licence Holder. We may want to meet with you to better understand your issues.
We will then investigate your complaint and provide a response to you within 7 working days of receiving your complaint. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we’ll let you know.
If we cannot agree on a resolution you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution service. This service is independent and will cost you nothing and will assist us to resolve things with you. Details of this service are:
Financial Services Complaints Limited
Phone: 0800 347 257
Anyone within our business giving advice is bound by and supports the duties set out in the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013. These duties are:
- Meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill and the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Providers.
- Give priority to your interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill.